The Internet of Things, or IoT, is a system of interrelated physical devices, vehicles, and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors etc. which enables these things to exchange data.
IoT is being used in a variety of industrial and commercial applications. A growing portion of IoT devices are created for consumer use. The goal of IoT is to have devices that self-report in real time, improving efficiency and bringing important information to the surface.
Benefits of IoT technology can be listed as follows
- Monitoring of overall business processes
- Improving customer experiences
- Enhance employee productivity
- Making better business decisions
- Generating more revenue
- Consumer applications
- Enterprise applications
- Infrastructure applications